Are you an experienced practitioner passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? We would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We have a permanent 30 hours per week Independent Consultant Practitioner position available in our Isle of Wight Adult Safeguarding Team.
The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including a Service Manager, Group Manager and 2 Consultant Practitioners. To find out more about working in the Isle of Wight Adult Safeguarding Team visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here .
Our Social Workers must be able to listen hard to the people of the Isle of Wight, to understand what really matters and to connect them to resources that help them continue with their chosen life, either with support or independently. You will also be working with individuals to help them to regain control of their lives in a crisis. In order to best support the people we work with, we need Social Workers who are experienced in promoting their own and others professional curiosity and who are competent in their knowledge of legislation and meeting their professional capabilities.
As the Independent Consultant Practitioner, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of the Isle of Wight. To join us, you must:
• Have a social work, OT or nurse qualification and be registered with relevant professional body,
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment,
• Be able to ensure thorough input of work is achieved and that the team works efficiently in achieving optimal outcomes for individuals and carers by providing advice and direction within the service area. This may involve working alongside staff in the various areas of health and social care, particularly where members of staff are experiencing difficulties or are unable to achieve the required outcomes
• Be able to demonstrate skills and experience of promoting a person centered and strengths-based approach.
• Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practice
• have proven ability to work as part of a team that puts the strengths of individuals, families and community at the heart of care and wellbeing.
• Be able to take part in the Out of Hours (OOH) stand-by duty rota as and when requested by management on an occasional basis.
You will share our ambitions, passion and attitude to ensure the people we serve live the best lives possible. You will be a critical thinker who has competence and confidence in your practice.
You will benefit from a unique and enriching environment within an organisation that values strong leadership, a good work life balance, quality management and reflective supervision.
Please visit the Adult Social Care career opportunities which holds inspiring testimonies from team members, a guide to what the Island offers as well as personal development opportunities we offer.
Team IWC Values:
• Community & Customer focused
• Effective & Efficient
• Working together
• Fair & transparent
We are proud of our commitment to offer:
• Supporting and supervising all our social care workforce
• Providing opportunities for our staff as they develop and progress their professional careers
• Providing regular training opportunities.
We are looking forward to receiving your application if you have what it takes to make a difference and share our vision and values.
For further information about this vacancy or for an informal discussion, please contact Maria Blazeckova on Maria.Blazeckova@IOW.gov.uk or (01983) 823340.
Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Interview Date: 10 August 2021