Job Title: Social Worker Intake (East)
Salary/Grade: £33,324 – £40,869, plus a retention bonus of £3,000 payable after 2 years
Grade: PO1 – PO3
Hours per Week: 36 Full Time
Nature of Employment: Permanent
DBS Required: Enhanced DBS
Hounslow Children’s Services are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic social worker to join our Intake East team. The team is fast paced and offers an array of experiences within a supportive environment. We promote relationship-based practice and work with families and other professionals to achieve change. Direct work and hearing the child's voice is essential in our work.
The London Borough of Hounslow Intake East team has grown immensely over the past 8 months and is a vibrant, dedicated and stable team that benefits from three experienced managers. The team rise to the challenge and work incredibly hard to provide effective and timely support to our children and families.
What our Social Workers say about us:
"The best thing about working here is the training and development opportunities and the supportive team". Staff in Intake East have said “We feel well supported and enjoy the flexibility of managers”.
Ofsted said that social workers in Hounslow are very motivated and they are working hard to get the best outcomes for children. Social workers told inspectors that they feel well supported by their line managers and have regular supervision and access to training.
The right candidate will have a proven commitment to achieving the best outcomes for children and young people whilst working quickly and under pressure.
What you will bring:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/Diploma)
- Registered with Social Work England
- Experience working with children, young people and their families
- An enthusiasm and passion for the safeguarding of children and young people
- Ability to deliver high quality assessment, care plans and reports within strict deadlines
- First class communication and organisation skills
How will you be supported?
- You will be part of a supportive team
- Working from Home - Work Smart scheme gives employees greater flexibility around managing their own workloads. This helps our staff to achieve better work/life balance.
- You will receive regular, reflective supervision from experienced social work managers.
- You will have access to a range of training opportunities through the West London Alliance and Hounslow Safeguarding Partnership.
Essential for the Role: Enhanced DBS
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact:
Zara O’Donnell on Zara.O'Donnell@hounslow.gov.uk
Closing date: 10th August 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing 16th August 2021