Job Title: Deputy Manager
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Salary: £32,234 - £34,728 per annum
Chambers Grove supports adults with learning disabilities to live as independently as possible in their community. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and committed individual to join our management team. In this role you will be working in a highly supportive team, in which your motivation and strategic planning ability will help the service to develop and maintain a high level of service provision.
About the job:
- Developing and empowering staff that support adults with learning disabilities of which some will have dementia, people with physical disabilities and some with a mental health need, who may have complex support needs.
- You will monitor staff performance, provide support, recognise talent and implement appropriate individual career and development plans.
- Responsible for the planning and supervising the day-to-day duties within different settings, supporting the manager in their responsibilities and stepping up to cover in their absence.
- Problem solving initiative and strong interpersonal skills are essential, as presenting clear direction and feedback to staff is a vital feature of this role.
- Able to work within a dynamic creative service, with an RQF (Formerly QCF) Level 4 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to develop effective and trusting working relationships across your team.
- Evidence of strong communication, negotiation skills and good computer literacy, with the ability to use your initiative and creative thinking.
- Someone who is interested in developing their skills and the skills of a dedicated staff team.
- As the role requires travel from service to service having a full license and access to a vehicle is necessary.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering a service to those that we support.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to enroll onto further Health & Social Care RQF studies.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of the application you will be required to complete a pre-determined test on a computer and provide a full supporting statement detailing your suitability based on the requirements of the role detailed on the job outline, as we are unable to accept applications without these.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Karen Evans on 01707 395871 or Hilat Ozcan on 01438 844 435
Closing Date: Sunday 15th August 2021
Interview Date: w/c 23rd August 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.