Salary: £19,000 to £24,000 (pro rata based on experience, qualifications and subject knowledge
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: up to 28 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 9th August 2021
Interview date: Tbc
How to apply: Please apply on our website at www.dv8sussex.com/jobs
Who to contact if you have a query: Alice.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Media teacher to support our students in small group sessions at our Brighton centre. We are looking for teachers, educated to degree level in a digital media area (or closely related subjects) and/or with substantial relevant industry experience to deliver and assess on Level 3 Creative Digital Media programmes.
The post is responsible for delivering appropriately challenging and developmental learning, teaching and assessment in Creative Digital Media. The role also encompasses tutoring Level 3 learners and maintaining high standards of attendance and attainment.
Main Purpose of the Role:
• Deliver high quality teaching to Level 3 Media learners.
• Responsible for the success of designated learners within the Media department, with targets agreed by the Head of Centre. This includes: Liaison with parents and carers as and when required to support student achievement, Creating a positive environment for learning and with high expectations for learners regarding attendance, punctuality, engagement and achievement.
• Complete learning and assessment in line with the DV8 Quality Calendar.
• Complete the assessment process to required exam board standards.
• Up-to-date subject knowledge at an advanced level and a firm understanding of how students learn.
• A good understanding of what constitutes effective learning, teaching and assessment strategies.
• Recent experience of teaching Media or closely related subjects at Level 3.
• Recent experience of completing assessment processes, including preparation of samples for External Quality Assurance.
Please apply on our website at www.dv8sussex.com/jobs
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.