Employment & Learning - Sefton@Work
Fixed Term – December 2023 (potential for contract extension)
Do you have a background in recruitment or sales and experience of supporting people with significant barriers to employment into work? Do you have experience of working in fast paced and target focussed roles?
If so, why not join our team. The Employer Liaison Officer post is a key role in supporting our clients who have been out of work for at least 12 months, to find sustainable employment through the new Restart Programme.
We are looking for quality and performance driven Employer Liaison Officers who will deliver an excellent customer service for clients, playing a pivotal role in providing access to vacancies with local employers.
Based from our office, with regular travel across the borough to visit employers and partners, our Employer Liaison Officers will actively engage with local businesses to promote our free recruitment service and other opportunities that can support the recruitment of our clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying new business through targeted and direct marketing techniques.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with local businesses with the aim of managing or supporting their recruitment.
- Gaining a commitment from employers to use the Sefton@work service to recruit locally and influence them to positively consider disadvantaged groups for vacancies.
- Work in conjunction with partners/employers to provide the services for recruitment, including activities such as customised training, awareness/open days and shortlisting practices in a way that is flexible and responsive to the needs of employers.
- Advertising all vacancies internally (and externally where appropriate) in a clear and concise manner, pre-screen all customers thoroughly prior to submission ensuring they appropriately match the employer’s requirements and arrange interviews.
- Meeting with participants regularly to ensure a good knowledge of the client base and vacancies needed.
- Undertaking accurate job matching of clients to available skills and recruitment opportunities so that successful and sustainable employment outcomes are maximised.
- Ensuring that clients have an up to date and professional CV, supporting statement and covering letter, tailored appropriately for each application.
- Supporting participants in preparing for job interviews, conducting mock interviews, pre-screening and assessment activity.
- Development of recruitment processes and educating employers of the benefits of using different approaches e.g. neuro-diverse recruitment
- Meeting all monthly performance targets and Key Performance Indicators
You will have:
- A background in a recruitment or sales environment and be commercially minded.
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market, sectors of growth and recruitment practices
- Experience of undertaking direct marketing activities to generate leads through cold calling, visits, etc.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, evolving environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment and motivated to achieve KPIs.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others; building rapport with a wide range of clients, external networks and colleagues.
- Great problem-solving skills and able to identify issues and implement appropriate solutions.
- High level digital literacy skills, and data accuracy skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based.
Sefton@Work acts as the key labour market intermediary for Sefton Council and has been working alongside Sefton residents and employers since 2003, offering a range of free and confidential job-related services to residents aged 16 years and above, as well as free recruitment services for local employers.
Our main aim is to provide a joined-up approach to regeneration, employment & skills by ensuring that local people receive the benefits of local investment and job growth in the area. Every day our teams help people improve their employment, skills, and wellbeing. We are person-led and passionate about what we do.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.