We are proud of our community. The care we give. The services we provide. The spaces we create. But we are always looking to do more. Which is why we give our people the time, support and resources they need not only to do their job well, but also to help define the way we do things more broadly. There will always be room for your ideas here. This is about taking ownership. And having the opportunity to learn, develop and progress.
Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your skills. To build better relationships. To build even better communities. This is your chance to make a lasting impact.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working here...
Bracknell Forest is a great place to live and work and we have high ambitions for the area. The current stage of redevelopment of our town centre is complete with future expansion already being planned within the town centre and beyond. This really is an exciting time to join and be a part of this dynamic and changing organisation.
This new role within our team will look to provide a first point of contact for the Time Square Community Hub and the councils partners, seeking to resolve building and hire related enquiries through a ‘one stop shop’ approach.
Key to our success is our commitment to team working and ongoing development of our high performing, highly engaged workforce.
We will support you to...
- To maintain your continuous professional development.
- To attend training courses to keep up to date with changes in construction legislation.
- Yearly personal development and training plan.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
We are seeking to appoint an organised, flexible and competent Community Hub Manager who has proven customer service and community engagement skills. This role will require a team player, one who can work without supervision and to tight deadlines.
Interviews will be held on 18th August 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion concerning the post please call Richard Payne on 01344 352275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.