Exciting new opportunity to join our expanding Public Health team at Bracknell Forest Council.
This role is a secondment/interim opportunity to develop and deliver public health approaches to address mental health and substance misuse. These are two very important agendas with the move towards the COVID-19 pandemic recovery phase. They are also integral to the wider council Health in All Policies framework and Health and Wellbeing strategy.
We want Bracknell Forest to be the one of the healthiest place to live, work, study and play, providing all the residents with the opportunities to be happy and healthy. We will achieve this by taking a health in all policies approach with a focus on reducing health inequalities and as part of the Public Health Team you will be central to achieving this vision.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
We are a small but ambitious public health team that are not only supported within our organisation but by the wider East Berkshire Public Health system. We are extremely agile and receptive to change but team members really feel inspired within their roles to deliver and can clearly see the difference they are making to our local residents and customers.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Assess the mental health and wellbeing needs and inequalities in the borough to informing the actions of the new Health and Welleing Strategy and Health in All Policies Framework.
- Address the wider mental health agenda to support all residents to look after their mental wellbeing and prevent the onset of mental health difficulties as part of the COVID-19 pandemic recovery.
- Scoping a local approach to substance misuse working with key partners to inform a council-wide strategy and accompanying action plan.
- Work in partnership with the wider Public Health team to support the delivery of the mental health and substance misuse strategies as part of the council’s Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Health in All Policies framework.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for a self starter, with a proven record of successful project management and delivering health improvement projects. We are looking for someone who has knowledge and expertise in the areas of mental health, substance misuse and health related strategies.
The post would suit someone who is already working in a health related role and looking to advance their career in Public Health and take on a strategic role to assess need and reduce health inequalities.
Interview will be held w/c 23/08/2021
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name - Louise Duffy
Job Title - Senior Public Health Strategist
Phone Number - 07768 701222
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.