Here, in Bracknell Forest, everything we do is about changing families and young people’s lives for the better. You will be supported to help young people to achieve their potential, ensure their voices are heard and that they are safe and protected. As part of the Early Help service, you will be given responsibility right from the start, alongside which you will be given the support to utilise your skills, knowledge and experiences to ensure young people receive the best possible support to maximise their potential for themselves and their community.
The Early Help Service, of which the youth team is an integral part, consists of a multi-disciplinary team that works with children, young people, and families. We work closely alongside children’s social care, schools, youth justice services, health and third sector providers.
Your role will involve...
- Supporting young people with a range of complex and challenging needs.
- Participating in Team Around the Family arrangements where appropriate to meet the holistic needs of young people.
- Utilising a range of strategies and resources to effectively engage young people to ensure their voice is heard in direct work and assessments.
- Undertaking risk assessments and developing interventions to mitigate risk and safeguard young people.
- Develop positive relationships with schools to enable effective delivery of sexual health and relationship workshops.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure a high standard of service to young people.
- Having the ability to respond to and manage a range of priorities.
- Delivering programmes and group work where appropriate.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Opportunities for training and development.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
An enthusiastic, committed and proactive early help youth practitioner with an awareness of the Supporting Families Programme, universal and targeted provision for families and young people aged 0-19 years. You will need to be well organised, self-motivated, a committed member of the team with an overriding passion for improving outcomes young people. You will need experience of undertaking direct work with young people, have an strong understanding of safeguarding, excellent communication skills and professional confidence to support other professionals in their work with young people.
Interview date to be confirmed.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Judy Galvin or Darren Berry
Job Title: Youth Team Leader
Phone Number: 01344 464730 or 01344 464726
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.