About the role
As a forward thinking local authority, we want every interaction with residents, customers and colleagues to be the very best experience we can make it, and this is about what all of us do every day.
We are looking for a proactive and resident focused person to join our team, This team are based in the communities of Wokingham working with our residents, Voluntary sector and community organisations, providing engagement opportunities, support, and advice for residents to help support self-sustainable lifestyles and build strong communities for now and the future.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Focus and commitment to help and support communities across all groups and ages.
- The ability to listen and extract and assess important information
- A commitment to embracing change and lead community change
- A can do attitude; trustworthy and dependable
- Be able to on their own initiative and take ownership and responsibility
- A desire to improve their skills, knowledge and experience
- The ability to work with Voluntary sector and community groups
- Working with customers, colleagues and other professionals in a polite, respectful and supportive manner in different arenas.
So, if you are a customer focused professional, with excellent communication and IT skills, who has some knowledge of working with hard to reach communities, event management and working with and setting up community groups, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone with some experience in a similar role but are also keen to train and develop the right people to work with us.
You will be expected to work across all areas of the borough and therefore a driving license is essential for this post.
Closing date: 11pm, Wednesday 4th August 2021
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion, please contact: Deana Humphries firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Tomkinson email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates forth is role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.