plus 10% shift allowance
Looking for a rewarding new role that offers flexible and family-friendly working options? You’ve found it – and plenty more. We are looking for a Facilities Management Officer to work in the Corporate Facilities Management (FM) team providing facility services to staff and visitors including The Council’s main offices, Civic Offices and 19 Bennet Road and other buildings.
About the role
This is an exciting and varied role. Your main duties will include:
- Various health and safety / compliance checks, accurately recording the relevant data and responding to issues as they arise, receiving visitors to site, carrying out room set ups, unloading and delivering goods.
- You will feel comfortable working in a reactive environment where schedules change with little or no notice.
- You will have IT, literacy and numeracy skills, and be able to communicate clearly face to face, by phone and in writing.
- You will be organised, committed to working hard, be motivated, a team player and able to work to deadlines independently.
- Working in a building security environment.
- You will have basic DIY knowledge and skills
- An appreciation of the importance of Health & Safety and statutory compliance tasks
- Experience of working with the public
- Experience of cleaning and undertaking repairs and maintenance work.
- Ability to be flexible and work to a shift system relevant to the sites
- Able to work some evenings and weekends both within contract and as overtime
- Ability to undertake manual work
- Commitment to further training as required
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 25th July 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success