An exciting opportunity has arisen within Lewes and Eastbourne Council’s Regulatory team.
You will be joining a busy, friendly, and professional team with prospects to gain experience in a wide range of subject areas.
We are currently seeking a permanent Environmental Health Officer to join our Regulatory Services team who will be involved in the inspection and enforcement of Food Safety and Food Standards legislation in applicable premises, including the issue of food hygiene ratings.
You will also be responsible for carrying out health and safety investigations.
Candidates for the appointments will have a BSc Hons (or equivalent) in Environmental Health, including EHRB Registration, and a detailed knowledge of appropriate legislation.
- Registered Environmental Health Officer. Voting or Chartered.
- Food Safety and Food Standards competency/experience.
- Experience in the inspection of related sites.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to undertake investigations.
- Possession of a valid driving licence
Relevant Qualifications include:
- A professional qualification of competence to undertake food hygiene inspections e.g.: Higher National Certificate in Food Inspection
- Higher level specialist qualification relevant to Food Safety duties. Including, Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent food /environmental related diploma or degree course.
- Qualification to act as an Environmental Health Officer (EHORB)
- Maintenance and proof of professional requirements regarding Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
The authority has moved to home working and therefore the role will involve home working combined with site visits.
Interviews for this post will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is noon 13 August 2021