Sefton’s Building Services Section (Home Improvements Service) is seeking to appoint an experienced Caseworker who will have responsibility for the financial assessments of clients and who is highly motivated to assist in the delivery of Disabled Facilities Grants from the initial enquiry through to completion of works in accordance with recognised procedures and time frames.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Borough wide service to all our clients, have experience of working with older people and/or people with disabilities is desirable along with a genuine commitment to work to consistently high standards providing a quality service at all times, Communicate with a wide and varied customer base and liaise with Internal and external bodies and the various parties involved in delivering this key customer service. We are looking for a highly organised individual with a strong customer focus.
You must have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to the delivery and development of the Home Improvements Service along with knowledge of the following;
- Welfare rights/Benefits
- Financial assessments & processes
- Systems, processes & procedures necessary to support a busy office
- Private sector housing programmes and disabled adaptations.
Tasks you will be required to carry out include the following;
- Carrying out Caseworker visits, visiting older and/or people with disabilities to gather all required financial information as required to carry out financial means tests whilst providing advice, assistance and support to customers.
- Prepare & submit applications in support of obtaining charitable funding on behalf of customers.
- Work on own initiative whilst managing own workload to ensure deadlines/targets are met.
- Assist in the administration of Disabled Facilities grants/loans process from receipt of the initial referral to completion of works.
If you have the requisite levels of experience, skills and qualifications then we would like to hear from you.