Are you proud of our city and want to keep it looking its best?
Are you reliable and hard-working with a passion and commitment for keeping the city centre, suburbs and the beach a safe place for everyone to enjoy?
Do you have a full clean driving licence and are you comfortable interacting with householders and other members of the public?
Are you happy to work outside in all weathers?
If so, we’d welcome your application to become a Street Cleansing Driver in our City Clean team.
About the role
You will work within the City Clean service alone or as part of the team driving or operating a range of vehicles and providing high standards of cleanliness in designated parts of the city.
You need to have driving licence category C1 and all other training, personal protective clothing and equipment will be provided.
The jobs available have shift patterns of:
- Central location 5.00 to 13.00 (AM shift) x 3 perm roles
- Central location 13.40 to 22.00 (PM shift) x 3 perm roles
- East or West Location 6.00 to 14.00 x 3 perm roles
- Central location 5.00. to 13.00 (AM shift) working 6 days on 2 days off. 2 x fixed term 12 month roles (these are focused on grafitti and jet washing responsibilities)
- Tuesday to Saturday 8.00 to 16.00 (bulky waste responsibilities collecting large items from residential properties) the successful candidate will need to go on a tachograph card x1 perm role
(please note there are permanent and fixed term roles are available)
Extra payments are made for late finishes and weekend working.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – we have a dedicated learning resource centre at our Hollingdean depot
- Pension scheme
- Holiday entitlements
Dedicated to diversity
At City Clean we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a positive working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
For more information, please contact Tomas Szalma on Tomas.Szalma@brighton-hove.gov.uk
TO APPLY - as part of your application, you will need to answer some branching questions. To help you, some guidance has been attached to the advert below.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, female or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.