We are looking for creative and professionally curious Social Workers to join our Outstanding children’s social work teams. We seek people who are ambitious for the young people and families they work with and fully committed to making a positive difference.
We welcome applications from all sections of our community and for this post we particularly encourage applications from people of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds, and men, who are currently under-represented within East Sussex children’s social care.
We know that change can be brought about by doing things differently; its relationships that matter, not statistics and targets. That means our Social Workers spend as much time as possible with children and families, adopting an evidence informed approach. And, we know it works, because our practitioners and families tell us so.
Because it’s a tough job, we ensure our people have the tools and support they need including:
- flexible working practices supported by the latest technology
- access to expert advice and support – including reflective supervision and consultations with child psychiatrists and psychologists
- evidence-based team learning, group supervision, online research tools
- advanced training in partnership with Sussex University
- an exciting new career development framework
Relationships are the key to best practice
At ESCC our Connected Practice model creates change through meaningful and helpful relationships with children and families – an approach which focusses on enabling young people to lead safe, stable and fulfilling lives at home with their families.
Our practitioners draw on their own resources to develop effective relationships with vulnerable families and children. By working intensively, and using structured interventions, our social workers help families to solve problems themselves ensuring that children are safer and better nurtured.
Progress your learning and training
At East Sussex we know that our staff are individuals with their own career goals. So we have created a clear career development pathway, known as Progress, which maps out all the different options and opportunities for enriching and developing individual careers. It enables staff to build on existing skills and develop new knowledge and it provides clarity around the requirements for pay and progression, social work registration and further accreditation
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- relocation costs up to £8k, if you are making a move of more than 20 miles
- interest-free loan for rental deposit
- payment of your Social Work England registration fees
We’re a family-friendly service which offers flexible working (in agreement with individual line manager) and a focus on wellbeing for all our staff, such as mindfulness training and counselling. For all the details, take a look at the full range of benefits full range of benefits
Join us now
Our Social Work practice is high impact. We know we are making a difference because that’s what children and young people tell us and 95% of social workers surveyed would recommend East Sussex as a good place to work. We’ve been awarded the following:
- Judged Outstanding by Ofsted July 2018
- Local Government Association Chronicle Awards for services to children and business transformation
- Silver Award for Best Social Work Employer at the Social Worker of the year Awards 2017
- Teaching Partnership status.
So, if you’d like to be part of our progressive team, apply NOW
For more information about Children's Social work in East Sussex please visit https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/jobs/social-work-with-children/...