Principal Planning Officers- Major Applications Team
We are looking for highly experienced and enthusiastic planning professionals to join our busy, dedicated planning team to work within the Major Applications Team. The officers will be expected to work on a range of schemes ranging from small scale major to significant and strategic proposals. You will be involved in all aspects from pre-application discussions through to the delivery of the scheme on site.
The council has adopted ambitious planning policies to ensure that our communities benefit from the highest quality design that also protects and enhances the borough’s unique built environment.
To succeed in this role, you will be customer-focused and have excellent negotiation and communications skills. The ability to use your initiative to find creative solutions is essential.
You will have the skills and experience to:
- Understand the principles of excellent design and place-making and have experience (or demonstrable ability) to advise on how to achieve high quality infill development within a dense urban context.
- Assess a complex major application that requires a careful balance of competing planning policies, paying careful attention to detail and delivering high quality work
- Apply the heritage assessment considerations (statutory tests and NPPF tests) in relation to conservation areas, listed buildings and other heritage assets
- Work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Work productively with stakeholders including residents, councillors, contractors and other partners.
We can offer you:
- An enthusiastic, friendly and well-motivated team who have high expectations of themselves and the service.
- A supportive team structure with a strong commitment to the quality of the service.
- The opportunity to be involved in exciting and innovative schemes
Interview date: TBC