Repairs Customer Service Planning and Feedback Manager
Salary MM2 £48,078 - £61,497
X1 Full Time (36 hours) Permanent Position
We are recruiting! During 2020 we have redesigned our services and teams to ensure that we deliver on our promise to create a resident centric culture with a renewed focus on supporting independence and enhancing life chances, whilst continuing to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
Repairs: Customer Service, Planning and Feedback Team
This is a newly created team providing all remote first point of contact services to Council Housing Residents providing a great customer experience across our telephony and on-line channels the team will be responsible for resolving wide range of housing related enquires and will specialise in accurate diagnostics of repairs.
The team brings together:
Housing Resolution Team will be trained and supported to resolve 80% of queries at the first point of contact
Customer Support will work to deliver a great on-line customer experience on-line and will resolve more complex or escalated cases including complaint resolution
Planning Team will ensure our 42,000 repairs are scheduled effectively across Enfield Repairs Direct in accordance with repairs priorities and ensuring residents are kept updated throughout
Repairs: Customer Service, Planning and Feedback Manager
We are looking for an exceptional senior manager with an extensive track record of delivering outstanding customer service operations across multiple channels in a social housing setting.
Reporting to the Head of Repairs and Estates, once at full capacity, you will lead a team of 30 with 4 direct reports to lead 3 critical teams that will act as the backbone to a strong customer experience across council housing.
Balancing a relentless passion and energy for great customer service, alongside a strong track record in direct delivery of customer service you will know what it takes to deliver a successful end to end repairs customer experience and be able to coach and inspire other to bring this to life in every customer transaction
Key responsibilities include:
- Create a culture of learning, coaching and developing people through effective leadership across the service, our internal teams and external partners.
- Lead the establishment of the housing resolution team, co-located with the planning and newly formed customer support team, available to provide back office administration, first tier escalation, inbox management and complaints and members enquiry support across Council Housing
- Ensure effective resource planning and relationship management with Enfield Repairs Direct liaising daily to ensure the customer and operational needs are understood and met routinely ensuring effective two-way feedback and a culture of learning and feedback
- Embed a customer focused approach to continuous service improvement and respond creatively to the needs and aspirations of residents. Taking every opportunity to listen to and respond to resident voice, promoting resident involvement.
- Review customer feedback and complaints regularly and use these to improve the service.
To be successful in the role:
You will be an exceptional leader with a successful track record in running back office customer service and scheduling support for a commercial or social housing repairs.
You will excel in motivating and leading a team through change and will bring a strong understanding of excellence in delivering high quality, right first-time resolution and repairs service.
The role is a varied and exciting role where no two days are likely to be the same. If this sounds like you and you'r eready to make an impact from day one, then we want to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23.59 on 5th August 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 020 8132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Martin Greenway on 0204 526 7122 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The service is provided 24 hours a day 365 days per year and the successful candidate will regularly participate in an on-call rota for which additional payments will be made. In addition, the role will regularly require attendance at evening and weekend meetings and events for which TOIL will be made available.