School Assurance Professionals
Wirral Council is committed to creating a sustainable, forward thinking inclusive education offer that grows ambition and underpins prosperity and success in adulthood.
Our ambition is to improve the educational outcomes for all children and young people, especially the disadvantaged and vulnerable.
Wirral School Improvement Service supports schools across the region to provide a good education by enabling them to improve their effectiveness and resilience by providing, consultation, support, training & quality assurance.
The Council is seeking to establish a team of suitably qualified and experienced School Assurance Professionals to support the School Improvement Service with achieving up to 150 days of school assurance activity.
As a School Assurance Professional, you will be required to carry out a robust quality assurance of a specific group of Wirral Schools, identifying good practice and key areas for improvement via a written report to the Local Authority.
As a group of School Assurance Professionals, you will be encouraged to work as a team, sharing practice and developing an effective system of quality assurance in Wirral Schools which result in improved outcomes for children and young people.
Essential Experience of:
- Conducting Ofsted inspections
- School Improvement
- Honest and robust self-evaluation
- Challenge & support
- The ability to handle discussions and give feedback in a sensitive manner
- The ability to express judgements coherently and precisely in writing
- The ability to give accurate, clear and concise information orally and in writing
- A secure and broad understanding of current educational issues
- Ability to keep up to date on a wide range of educational matters
- Make sound judgements on the basis of careful and accurate analysis of evidence
- The ability to adapt to changes of priority at short notice
Please note, experience of working within Wirral is not essential, expertise from outside of the Wirral is welcomed.
If this sounds like you and you aspire to #bethedifference for Wirral children then please apply through our online portal, outlining how you meet the criteria above. Please also include the expected number of days per year you can commit to. If you are interested in joining the team and would like further information, please contact Alison Simpson via email@example.com or James Backhouse via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this will be a temporary contract through a trusted pre-identified payroll company. You will be supported to gather full compliance documents. Payroll services will be administered by the same payroll company and the role will be outside of IR35 legislation.
Closing date: 15th August 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking the link below