Job Title: Head of Customer Operations
Job Location: -
Country: United Kingdom
Organisation: Hackney Council Anonymous Apps > Finance & Corporate Resources
Job Number: HCAA00430
Service: Customer Services
DBS Required: No
Organisation Logo: Hackney Council
Agreement Type: Permanent
Work Pattern: Full Time
Contracted Hours: 36
SCP Range: £58,911 - £59,988
Customer services has achieved extraordinary things this year, launching new contact channels, working with public health colleagues to deliver resident support, vaccination roll out and test and trace services, ( to name a few). They have taken on new responsibilities and new ways of working during a pandemic, while supporting residents when they have needed us more than ever.
Last year our teams supported over 850,000 resident enquiries on the telephone, our website received 2.2 million visits and after a successful launch of webchat have spoken to over 40,000 customers online.
As our Head of Customer Operations you will be responsible for ensuring all enquiries are handled using our three core principles Be Human, Keep it Simple and Be the guide. We want to deliver more preventative solutions, to take a holistic approach to customer support and ensure our residents are receiving the most appropriate services from us and our partners.
We are looking for someone who has mastered the art of making our interactions with residents meaningful alongside operating an efficient service within the constraints of the public sector. We need someone who is obsessive about staff development, determined to learn from customer insight and passionate about improving the lives of our residents.
- - To manage a team of 100 FTE. To deliver a service that ensures that good conversations deliver better outcomes for Hackney residents 24/7/365
- - To deliver the Councils corporate objectives and turn vision into operational activities
- - Ensure staff are motivated, empowered and know how to do the right thing at the right time
- - Work with multiple stakeholders and partners to develop better outcomes for residents
- - Attend public meetings and meet with residents regularly to ensure feedback is acted upon and any issues are resolved
- - To work with services and partners to deliver more at the first point of contact
- - Create a culture where nobody is too busy or too important to speak to customers
Skills and Experience
- - Experienced in leading customer contact centres and walk in services in a large complex organisation
- - Proven track record of effective partnership working
- - Demonstrated ability to turn vision into operational activities
- - Understand what great performance looks like and how to convey this to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- - Can demonstrate previous ways of delivering excellent customer service using innovation, creating value for money and demonstrating better customer outcomes.
Hackney is one of the UK’s highest performing local authorities, serving one of London’s best places to live and work. We have achieved a huge amount: our services, our schools, our public spaces are all amongst the very best. We have changed the reputation, not just of the Council, but of Hackney itself. Bringing jobs and investment into the borough, securing the legacy from the 2012 Games, and making this a place of which we can all be proud.
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this role here are three things we think you should know
- - You will be an integral part of shaping and driving the future of the service to support Hackney residents
- - You can work flexibly and remotely, you will be supported by a team of passionate professions all with the same goal, improving resident experience,
- - You will have a role with meaning, you can make a difference to thousands of people lives with what you achieve
For more information about the role, please watch this video.
Please also view these slides.
If you want to work in a place where you can represent our values so we achieve the best for our residents, please click on the apply button below.
When applying, please refer to the job description and personal specification.
There will be a number of questions relating to the post on the application form. It is essential that you complete the application questions, responding to each using examples of your skills, knowledge and experience.
You are not required to submit a supporting statement or CV.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28 July 2021
Assessment / Staff Panel: W/C 2 August 2021
We are also working towards our vision, which is to be a place for everyone; where residents and staff can be proud; a place that celebrates diversity and where everyone can feel valued, included and involved. In order to achieve this, we look for people who are: Proud; Ambitious; Pioneering; Open; Proactive; Inclusive.
Hackney Council works to eradicate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, age and marital status. We also recognise that people can be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will also work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class. We also welcome those interested in flexible working. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, as this group is currently under represented in our workforce.
The Council has a dedicated employment support service (Hackney Works), which offers Hackney residents guidance in relation to applying for jobs. If you are thinking about applying for a job, please contact the Hackney Works team to find out what support is available: firstname.lastname@example.org