The Adults' Services Systems and Information Team (ASSIT) drives continual business improvement. As a team we sustain and maintain all systems by advising, supporting and challenging to ensure good business practice.
We continually look to optimise Adults' Services business through consultation and engagement with our diverse stakeholders in line with our Adults' Services Vision and Strategy, national guidance and the Equalities Act 2010.
The Systems team acts in an advisory, support and challenge capacity on all aspects of systems, participation, information and advice across the Service and the wider organisation. We work closely with the practice and quality teams to develop and embed practice quality, performance teams to provide business insight and improve the quality and efficiency of our service and the IT support teams to ensure our systems deliver the best support to our customers and staffing groups.
About The Job
Salary: Grade 5 £20,092 to £20,493
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: 2 Year fixed term 06/09/2021 until 05/09/2023
Interview date(s): Interviews will be held on Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 August via Microsoft Teams and there will be an Excel exercise as part of the selection process
You will be supporting the Systems and Information Team with several different administration functions. These will range from note taking and distribution of leaflets to teams and offices, through to data maintenance and inputting and amending information on IT systems. A series of data maintenance projects are in progress which require the processing of a large volume of data; you'll need to use your initiative to take appropriate actions when data is not as expected.
The data includes customer sensitive information and financial information. The processing will include working from spreadsheets and other systems to update information held in the electronic records management system (Mosaic).
You will be an experienced administrator and proficient in the use of IT. You will need to be able to process information accurately, perform financial calculations, use your initiative to resolve data issues, and concentrate for long periods of time checking and completing information.
Experience and Skills
- The ability to embrace change and adapt to changing situations and new ways of working positively and effectively. Including the ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Good numeracy skills in order to work with figures and make sound and accurate financial calculations, working methodically.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to analyse specialist information and draw practical conclusions and appropriate actions with an understanding of relevant policies and procedures.
- Clear and effective written communication skills to process standard letters, to write non-standard correspondence and respond to emails appropriately.
- Good verbal communication skills for communicating with managers and team members. Including the ability to provide clear and concise specialist advice and guidance to a range of staff and to communicate varied technical information appropriately and accurately and in ways to best promote understanding.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- 4 GCSEs with A-C (grades 9-4) passes, including Maths and English, or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of numeracy and literacy.
- Relevant technical knowledge of procedures and practices associated with operating an administrative service.
- Sound and accurate overall IT knowledge including Microsoft Office.
- Some knowledge and awareness of the processes and systems associated with working within the service specialism. Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03218 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Neil Pettitt, Service Manager on 03302 223 702.
For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!