Job Title Education Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Directorate Children and Young People
Job Ref: CYP-21-016
Job Type: Full-time 35 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 1 August, 11:59pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £48,576 - £50,559 per annum (PO6)
An experienced and enthusiastic health & safety and compliance manager is needed to be an integral part of the Education Estate Compliance and Contracts Service
Working with schools and managing additional premises within the education estate to create, maintain and monitor Facilities Management, health & safety and compliance systems.
Laurence House, Catford SE6 4RU
What we’re looking for
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic health & safety / compliance professional to work collaboratively within Lewisham’s schools and to manage additional properties within the education estate.
Reporting to the Service Manager- education compliance & contracts and supporting the Corporate H&S team, a broad & varied brief includes:
- ensuring current H&S / compliance policies and procedures are in place for schools, consistent with the Council’s adopted H&S management model.
- maintaining a network of those charged with H&S / compliance responsibilities in schools and deliver a comprehensive H&S training programme for them
- providing ad hoc expert H&S / compliance advice, including conducting investigations
- delivering a rolling risk based H&S / compliance audit programme for schools.
- maximise benefits to the Council through asset management of the School estate including education playing fields and void buildings
£48,576 - £50,559 per annum (PO6)
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
For an informal discussion, please contact Fiona Gavin on 0208 314 2559 or at email@example.com
We value diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The post is subject to a DBS.
To find out more, including a full job description and person specification, and to apply, please visit the link below and search council vacancies
Sunday 1 August 2021, 11:59pm
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.