Salary: £54,878 - £58,973 Per Year
We are looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Public Health and Wellbeing Manager who will provide strategic leadership for the development, delivery and monitoring of public health and wellbeing programmes across Reading.
This is an exciting time to join our team in Reading; as we learn to live with COVID-19 we are launching a new 10-year Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy for the Berkshire West area.
This strategy is vital to our recovery from the pandemic and to address the health inequalities in Reading, many of which have widened during COVID-19.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Consultant in Public Health for Reading, this is a pivotal role in improving the health and wellbeing of Reading’s residents.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy locally and ensuring it meets the evolving needs of the local population.
The post holder will line manage our experienced Programme Officers who are responsible for the full range of public health and wellbeing services including our local Recovery College.
You will deputise for the Consultant in Public Health as required and will be expected to provide public health expertise on a wide range of topics to colleagues across the council and beyond.
This role will also be the key strategic link between Reading Borough Council and the new Public Health hub for Berkshire West who lead on surveillance and commissioning work.
You will have advanced skills in analysing Public Health evidence and data to ensure all areas of the Team’s work programme is effective and offers best value for money.
You will have demonstrable experience in managing change and managing people.
The post holder will need to utilise their strong leadership and interpersonal skills working in partnership and developing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including other local authority services areas, the NHS and the voluntary & community sector to improve the health of local residents.
You will be experienced in managing a broad portfolio of work with competing demands.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
To learn more, and arrange informal conversation about the post, please contact; Claire Elderfield - email email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 25th July 2021
Interview date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
A Standard Criminal Records Disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.