Salary: £42,821 to £45,859 Per Year
Fixed-term role – 1 Year
Reading Borough Council’s Adult Social Care Service is currently undergoing a period of significant transformation, as part of a 3-year programme.
There are two equally strong drivers for the portfolio of work - the efficiency and savings targets we are faced with, and an ambition to improve and modernise our services to ensure that they fit with our vision of maximising independence, are tailored to the individual and their unique needs, and to capitalise on local networks and support.
The overall programme focuses on a wide variety of projects, including but not limited to - the transformation of specific needs led services; supporting the ongoing development of the market to deliver best value and quality services to meet the needs of our residents; reviewing our processes and procedures; maximising the use of technology to meet our needs as a business; and rolling out new ways of working.
To achieve the desired outcomes for these projects, we are looking for two ambitious and motivated project managers, with a proven record of delivery, preferably with knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Transforming Adult Social Care or Health operational services
- Delivering efficiencies and savings in a social care/health environment
- Integrating services within health and social care
- Change projects within Adult social care/health or commissioning
We are recruiting to a Fixed-term post (initially for 12 months); secondments and part-time posts may be considered subject to agreement with all parties.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and creativity are strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
Closing Date: Sunday 25th July 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you are interested in this position and want more information, please contact the Senior Transformation Project Managers Karla Vickers (email@example.com) or Michael Beakhouse (Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.