Job Title: Senior Administrator
Location: Tanners Wood Close, Supported Living and Short Breaks Service.
Salary Range: £20,903 - £23,080 pa (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Fixed term – 12 months or Secondment – 12 months
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
At Tanners Wood Close we offer day to day support to adults with Learning and Physical Disabilities. They are supported in their own homes to make their own decisions. Their support is individually tailored in order for them to lead their lives in the way they wish to. We also offered Short Breaks to adults with Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities. This gives them a break from their home lives and an opportunity to develop their social and independent living skills.
The role of Senior Administrator is to support the management team in running the service smoothly and efficiently.
Duties involve a combination of the following tasks:
- Manage the provision of a full range of administrative duties, deal with complex correspondence and all general matters in accordance to local procedures as well as management of local projects and corporate initiatives
- Provide professional support to managers and senior staff, undertaking a diplomatic role dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, minute taking in meetings and compiling letters
- Maintain confidentiality, respond to enquiries, telephone calls, and provide required information to internal and external customers
- Manage utilisation of and provide expertise in software packages such as Microsoft Office, production of documentation according to local procedures and statutory/ legal requirements
- Update and manage databases, spreadsheets, provide reports and compile information.
- Maintain financial records, handle cash transactions on a daily/weekly basis, provide financial information and assist with budget monitoring.
- Responsibility for Health and Safety for team/work area
- As a Senior Administrator you will have supervisory responsibilities for Junior and Apprentice Administration staff.
Closing date: 25th July 2021
Interview date: 4th August 2021
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Jo Hislop or Jackie Brunt on 01923 270 270
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
Important Note re Interviews: Where we are able to, and in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines in regard to social distancing, all interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, should you be shortlisted for an interview.
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
Fixed Term and/or Secondment: This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
Internal Vacancy: This is an internal vacancy and therefore applications from HCC/Local Authority employees only will be considered in the first instance.
Non Hard to Fill Roles
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants who already have an established right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorships for this post
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.