Looking for a new start and the next step in your career? Then join us in now!
Knowsley Council has an ambitious and visionary strategy for the improvement of SEND services across the borough. As part of significant transformation we are seeking to recruit two Educational Psychologists who will contribute to wider SEND agenda and contribute to expanding our existing Psychology service: including the re-establishment of a traded offer; and collaborate with families, our parent carer forum, practitioners, schools and organisations to improve life experiences and outcomes for our young people.
This is an exciting time to join the Council and this position offers the opportunity for significant innovation in service design; working alongside committed and professional colleagues in a supportive and ambitious environment.
In addition to the relevant qualifications & career experience the successful application will:
- Have an excellent understanding of SEND Code of Practice
- Highly motivated and resilient
- A good communicator
- Be well organised & self-disciplined
- Person Centred
Successful applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail), with staff car parking permits available;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment, based in the brand in Huyton;
- Generous Local Government pension scheme
- Access to working rewards including: cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership (with Volair), and a host of other local discounts.
- The chance to use your ability to apply psychology in a proactive and positive way to make a real difference to the children, young people and families of Knowsley.
- A friendly, supportive and committed team with professional business support.
- An opportunity to contribute to the design and development of the Service, enhancing our role through multi-agency working with a variety of partners.
- An appropriate induction period and regular supervision.
- Car user allowance and mileage.
- Flexible home working arrangements and flexi-time working agreements.
We have 50.4 hours per week of vacant maingrade time to fill and welcome applications from anyone willing to offer time to Knowlseys EPS.
Working for our Permanent PEP and two Senior EPs, the maingrade opportunity allows successful candidates to complete a blend of statutory assessments, service level agreement work, training, workforce development and bespoke programs of work to flex your EP skills. As a service we are looking to develop specialist areas of skills and knowledge for our EPS to be key leaders to the wider SEND agenda.
Informal enquiries and visits are welcomed.
Please contact Trish Lunt 0151 443 2718 / 2057.
We are willing to consider part time and condensed working patterns however please phone for a discussion about this before applying.
We are also looking to enhance our bank of Associates Educational Psychologists to work flexibly with the service for ad hoc work and short term project work.
Interested? Please call the number above.