Hours of work: 37 per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 1 year
Closing date: Sunday 01 August
Interview date: Friday 06 August 2021 or Monday 09 August 2021.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Warwick Smith, Head of Communications on 07818 587514 and for questions about the project brief please contact Ruth Wilson on 01273 481762
About the role
If you are a creative and experienced communications professional with an interest in advertising and recruitment, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Council we are reviewing and updating our recruitment process to ensure we can attract and recruit the workforce we need now and in the future. As a Council we employ over 5,000 people and offer a wide range of services to residents of East Sussex including services the public are likely to be aware of such as social care and community services like libraries. We also manage infrastructure planning, school admissions and school improvement for the county, to name just a few services.
We are seeking to appoint a Marketing Communications Account Manager to deliver the advertising strand of the recruitment project. The role is for one year and the task is:
- To support services to create engaging web content that showcases the diverse and varied career opportunities with the Council including career pathways, case studies, video content and to showcase East Sussex as a place to live and work.
- To create a strategy for using social media to advertise job vacancies, create training and guidance documents that support the strategy and assess and make recommendations about engaging third parties to support this strategy.
- To create guidance on advertising approaches to address different recruitment issues such as geography, demographics, skills shortages and tapping into the inactive market. This will include guidance on how to write an advert, creating template frameworks for adverts, how to quality check an advert using equalities and diversity tools and how and where to advertise.
- To work with departments to identify how videos, podcasts and other media can be used to enhance the job advert and suite of information available to candidates. Support departments with commissioning external expertise to create content requirements identified.
- To work with department to develop a cohesive brand for the Council, aligned to the Councils values and present ideas and options to our senior leaders.
- To set the communication evaluation measures to ensure the success of the project can be assessed.
What are we looking for?
You must be an experienced communications professional with a sound understanding of marketing, branding, customer digital journeys and the use of social media platforms as a tool. Experience of managing projects and supporting a range of stakeholders, who may have different priorities and requirements, is essential. We are looking for someone with a creative approach to delivering the project brief and a genuine interest in recruitment, though you do not need to have work on recruitment campaigns before.
Flexible working opportunities
We are based in Lewes, which has a train station 15 minutes from the office, a good bus network and we have on-site parking. You will be provided with a laptop and work mobile so you can work flexibly from the office and from home should you wish to. The role is full time but we will consider job share arrangements or part time working requests and we can offer flexibility in working hours as long as the project outputs can be delivered.
What can we offer you?
The role will offer you the opportunity to support the County Council improve and enhance its advertising strategy to help us recruit the workforce we need to provide vital services to the residents of East Sussex.
In addition to a competitive salary you would also:
- Have a generous leave entitlement starting at 23 days leave plus up to 12 additional days leave, including bank holidays
- Be eligible to join the local government pension scheme
- Have access to an enhanced sick pay scheme after the first year of service
- Be able to access a range of staff benefits such as discounts with local businesses
If you want to know more about this role please contact Warwick Smith, Head of Communications and Marketing on 07818 587514 or if you would want to know more about the recruitment project and the project deliverables you can contact Ruth Wilson, Lead HR Consultant on 01273 481762.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.