Business Centre Manager - Full Time, Permanent
Grade 7 - Salary: £29,577 to £32,234 per annum
The Council already has an expanding portfolio of business enterprise centres located within the district of Bassetlaw. We now have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the Economic Development team who can play a pivotal role to ensure our new business enterprise centre Middleton’s is ready to open its doors in late 2021 to new and existing entrepreneurial businesses.
As part of your role, you will manage the day-to-day running of the Retford Enterprise Centre which consists of two buildings. The first opened in November 2010 and has 27 offices and two conference rooms and the second opened in 2017, which provides graduation space across 10 offices. In addition to a fully serviced office space the centres offer virtual tenancies and external conference bookings.
The Council is extending its enterprise centre portfolio to support start-up and businesses in their early infancy by introducing a business hub called Middletons Yard based in Worksop town centre which will open its doors to tenants and virtual tenants in late 2021. This flagship project will provide 30 managed offices, an on-site café and conference facilities. Once open you will split your time between both centres. You will be required to work with a range of business sizes, appreciating the requirements of start-up businesses and those looking for business growth.
What we’re looking for
An enthusiastic individual with a genuine interest in customer service and client relations, who has a knowledge of business support arena, embraces change and is experienced in managing the maintenance and security of equipment and buildings. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a similar role and can demonstrate:
- Significant experience of working in a management position, managing client relationship
- Experience in leveraging resources and generating new business opportunities
- Experience in contract and lease management
- A strong track record in marketing and business development to ensure the centres reach occupancy, provide a wraparound business support offer and become business hubs for tenants, virtual tenants and wider businesses within the district.
- Proficient in the management of projects, large capital and revenue budgets
- Experience of people management and motivating a team to ensure smooth running of the Family friendly policies
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Julie Beresford, Economic Development Manager on 07552 353897.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
- A generous Pension Scheme
- Flexitime scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Discounted car parking
To request an application pack, please visit the link below, email email@example.com or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote REG1207P on the application form and within all correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon on Thursday 29th July
INTERVIEW DATE: Friday 6th August 2021.