Job Title: Senior Management Information Officer (Education)
Salary: £34,884 - £37,722
Hours per Week: 36
Nature of Employment: Permanent
DBS Required: BASIC
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
Our Education & Early Intervention Performance and Data Team is seeking a data analyst to support our work on education, to be responsible for the collection, collation, analysis and interpretation of a wide range of data on children and young people. This will involve close working with Hounslow’s schools and the opportunity to carry out exciting data analysis on educational performance, which you will report back to schools and to key staff within Children’s Services in Hounslow Council.
You will take a lead role in the analysis of data to meet the performance information needs of schools and for the provision of information to meet the needs of internal staff and statutory data returns to central government.
- To collect, collate and analyse large datasets on children and young people.
- To provide statistical and other information to support management decision making within the department and to fulfil our obligations for the provision of detailed educational performance information to schools in Hounslow.
- To produce data analysis, presentations and written reports on all aspects of education.
- Experience of analysing datasets, benchmarking and creating performance information.
- Able to collate, analyse, interpret and present data and statistical information on all aspects of education.
- Excellent high level ICT skills, including advanced user of Excel. Knowledge of programming e.g. R, SSRS or SQL, though not essential, would be advantageous
- Experience of partnership working, report writing and presenting to a range of different audiences.
Essential for the Role
- A relevant qualification at degree level, ideally in a numerate discipline, or sufficient relevant experience in a similar type of role.
- The post will require a basic DBS check
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held during weeks commencing: 9 or 16 August 2021
To apply please visit the link below.
Closing date: 1 August 2021