Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Undergraduate Placement – Employability and Skills
We are seeking to appoint an undergraduate for a position in the Employment and Skills– Employer Engagement Service – with a particular focus on projects which work with Young People across Barnsley.
The successful applicant will form part of a team which supports the delivery of the Borough’s priorities relating to Economic Regeneration and the delivery of a thriving and vibrant economy where Citizens achieve their potential. This post will provide an opportunity to be involved in the development, planning and implementation of projects which form part of the Council’s offer to give Young People access to meaningful experiences and work placements across Barnsley.
The post provides experience of project management, marketing (Digital and traditional forms) and the development of effective partnership working.
The role includes;
- Supporting the team to offer young people meaningful experiences of work in partnership with education establishments across Barnsley.
- Contributing to the development of the offer for Young People across Barnsley.
- Manage Social Media streams and messaging for the projects
- Establishing working relationships with key stakeholder organisations
- Project manage some small events and work in partnership on others
- Stakeholder contact and partnership working
- Publicise the projects in newsletters and on the website
- Co-ordination of data and contribution to reports
We offer excellent, practical experience and plenty of mentoring, support and training, in return we ask for a professional attitude to work and a willingness to learn and to take responsibility