An exciting new post has been created in the Facilities Management Team of Property Services. If you would like to be part of a team making Halton a better place to live and work, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Our Team look after the repairs, maintenance and improvement of all the councils portfolio of buildings and offer a service level agreement to schools. This new post of Facilities Management Building Officer will be at the core of this service.
Outline duties include:-
- Organising general repairs and maintenance to all council buildings and schools
- Day to day management of term contractors
- Assisting in the procurement of term contracts
- Assisting in the management of condition surveys, asbestos surveys and fire risk assessments
Applicants must be Qualified to O.N.C/City and Guilds in Building or equivalent, or have a relevant trade background. You must be experienced in all aspects of building maintenance and working with contractors. In order to succeed in this post you will need to be self motivated and have excellent communication skills.
The role will involve regular travel across the borough and sometimes further afield. Therefore, the post holder must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle. Where necessary, reasonable adjustments will be made in accordance with the Equality Act.
Key terms and conditions include:-
- Competitive Salary of £28,672 to £31,346 per annum
- Car user allowance of £999.96 per year
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 25 days per annum with incremental increase in line with years of service up to 33days, excluding bank holidays
- 37 hour working week Monday to Friday
- Permanent post with flexible hours
- Access to a generous pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme, administered by Cheshire Pension Fund)
For an informal discussion please contact: Cath Rolt Principal FM Officer on 0151 511 8641 or John Hughes Divisional Manager on 0151 511 8238
Interviews will take place week commencing 30th August 2021