Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 12 months
Closing date: Sunday 25 July 2021
Interview date: Monday 16 or Tuesday 17 August 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Bill Hargood, Policy Development Manager, 07597527233
About the role
Can you help Adult Social Care to develop policies, strategies, and projects that will make a difference to local people?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Adult Social Care & Health department as part of the Policy & Strategic Development Team. We are recruiting to two Policy & Strategic Development Officer roles. These roles will allow the right candidates to develop their knowledge, skills, and experience in policy development, change management, and project management approaches and apply these to a variety of opportunities in the areas of social care and health. Working closely with the Policy Development Manager, local strategy and policy leads, operational staff, and providers; these roles will provide you with a chance to work at the heart of the local social care and health system and play a part in developing local services. The Policy & Strategic Development Team are driven by developing best practice, exploring opportunities to enhance the work of internal/external partners, and supporting innovative and person-centred models of care.
Some of the key tasks for these two roles will include:
- Tracking and learning from developments in national/local guidance and best practice relevant to health and social care.
- Working alongside the Policy Development Manager to plan, implement, and monitor social care improvement projects
- Supporting the Policy & Strategic Development Team in developing, coordinating, delivering, and monitoring our approach to provider communications and engagement.
- Helping plan, shape, and facilitate engagement events that enable effective approaches to gathering feedback and collaborating on new ways of working.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Equalities & Inclusion Strategy.
- Support the Strategy, Commissioning and Supply Management division to be informed and respond to developments in national social care policy and strategy.
- Collating, analysing, and presenting data and insight to support project evaluation, continuous improvement, and market shaping
- Responding to enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.