Year 1 - National Minimum Wage of Apprentices - £4.30ph
Year 2 – National Minimum Wage
Full time 37 hours
Fixed Term Contract
Level 2 - 15 months or Level 3 - 18 months
Join us here at Reading Borough Council, and you can look forward to a rewarding new role as part of a friendly and supportive team. We work together, helping each other to make lives better for people in our communities. If you’d like to be part of our growing future, we can offer excellent training and development, not to mention a range of great benefits. So be part of an organisation that will genuinely value you and your contribution to our success.
About the role
This role will be working at our Kennet Day Nursery amongst a team of qualified early years practitioners. You will be required to attend college 1 day per week working towards a qualification in Early Years.
The ideal candidate for this position should:
- Have a caring attitude and a genuine interest in children.
- Be able to communicate effectively with children, parents and staff.
- Able to follow nursery guidelines and procedures.
- Be numerate and literate.
- Good basic education appropriate to the duties of the post (including Maths and English at GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent)
- For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Level 3.
- Work towards meeting the requirements for completing the Level 2 Early years Practitioner or Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard.
- Meet deadlines for example assignments, assessments and Nursery targets.
- Have good attendance and punctuality.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 25th July
Interview Date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.