When Children’s Services get involved in the life of a child our priority is to make sure our social care teams have the support, time and resources they need to provide a quality of service – the kind of service we ourselves would wish to receive.
We know that the success of ANY team will be dependent upon the people we employ. You will find an environment where our people are valued for the important and challenging work they undertake and will where their learning and development is promoted and supported.
We are committed to our workers having caseloads that give them time to focus on relationship based practice. To reflect this the Here4U Children & Young Persons team are seeking an additional Personal Adviser, we are keen to hear from those that are flexible and dynamic and have a passion for working with and improving outcomes for children and young adults.
As a young people’s Personal Advisor you will join our dynamic Here4U team which provides an important service to children in care and young people leaving care. Your role will be to provide care, support and guidance to care leavers (up to age 24 years), with responsibility for providing flexible support and advice throughout their transition to adulthood.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people who live or access services in, or who are looked after by, Wokingham Borough Council.
- Working as part of a looked after children and care leaving service with social workers and professionals to deliver a high quality and effective service.
- To provide care, support and guidance to children in care and care leavers (up to age 24 years) to enable them to reach their full potential within their communities, placements or families.
- To be the first point of contact to a specified number of young people, with responsibility for providing flexible support and advice when they are preparing and planning to leave care, and throughout their transition to adulthood.
- To meet statutory duties within the legislation and regulations framework
This role will require the worker to have some flexibility in the working hours to meet young people’s needs, with the possibility of evening and weekend work.
Closing date: 11pm, Sunday 25th July
Interview date: TBC
For more information about the role please contact Anisha Reed, (Here4U Team Manager) on 07770 620862
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
WBC is an equal opportunities employer.