Client Manager Street Lighting
Salary: MM2 £48,078 to £61,497
X1 full time (36 hours) Permanent position
Highway Services are recruiting for a Street Lighting Client Manager. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced proactive person to join and enhance our team of hardworking, passionate and friendly staff.
‘Highway Services’ is a large service area within the Place department. It undertakes a range of statutory duties such as managing the Council’s highway infrastructure and associated assets, bridges and land drainage, in compliance with relevant legislative requirements. The service also provides an in-house consultancy service for the project management, design and supervision of a range of diverse Environmental and Civil Engineering projects from inception to completion.
As the Street Lighting Client Manager you will lead the client team in managing the Council’s Street lighting Service Provider under a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) contract in maintaining the boroughs’ street lights and illuminated street furniture.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Manager who will apply their specialist skills to manage, through the PFI Service Provider, the installation and maintenance of public lighting and illuminated street furniture, thereby ensuring that services are delivered in accordance with the standards and timescales set out in the PFI contract. You will ensure that all aspects of service delivery use best practise, deliver value for money and achieve effective use of resources.
The main responsibilities of this role are;
- To lead the client team effectively in the delivery of the street lighting service.
- To manage the PFI provider and monitor their performance against PFI targets
- To agree monthly PFI performance reports on the services provided and reconcile to street lighting budgets.
- To agree annual programmes of work with the PFI provider and ensure these are co-ordinated with other internal and external programmes and projects.
- To be the Councils specialist advisor on the street lighting service and liaise with developers and other third parties to ensure any new assets are compliant with the PFI requirements.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 on 22nd July 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact John Grimes on 020 8132 0741 or Stephen Skinner on 0208 132 0752 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.