Graduate Project Officer
About Watford Borough Council
Watford is an urban borough in South West Hertfordshire. The borough has excellent transport links with mainline rail connections to London. Watford is the centre of a sub-region serving around 500,000 people living within a 20 minute travelling time catchment. As part of the London commuter belt, Watford is strongly influenced by London which brings the benefits of a buoyant economy.
At a glance
- £1.4bn local investment happening – mix of public and private funding
- Five major development and regeneration projects happening
- 3,500 registered businesses
- Higher than average working age population
- Skilled workforce
- Affordable local housing market
- Home to many major international head offices
Watford Borough Council is currently undergoing a transformation programme which aims create a customer focused, digitally enabled and commercially minded organisation of the future.
The Property Investment and Regeneration department lead on major regeneration schemes in the borough to help shape and facilitate new opportunities for major growth in homes and jobs, deliver revenue from developments the Council are investing in and to deliver sustainable commercial revenue streams from investment properties inside and outside the borough to assist in supporting Council services.
The Graduate Project Officer will be responsible for supporting the Property Development Project Manager(s) to deliver regeneration in the town centre, the delivery of quality and sustainable housing and commercial premises.
They will assist with ensuring the team can continue to secure ongoing revenue from the Council’s property investment portfolio and investment in property developments to support Council services.
What we are looking for:
To join us as a Graduate Project Officer, ideally you will have:
- An RICS, RTPI or other accredited degree
- Some experience of working within a commercial property, regeneration and/or local government setting
- A basic understanding of the Landlord and Tenant Act
What we offer:
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- 28 days’ holiday, rising to 33 days
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working and career development
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes and access to Edenred branded shopping discounts platform
- Discounted activities and days out
For an informal discussion, please contact Peter Hall, Head of Property Investment & Regeneration.
The closing date for applications is the 1st August 2021.
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Graduate Project Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Graduate Project and Portfolio Officer, Graduate Town Planner, Graduate Project Manager, Graduate Planner, Regenerations Project Officer, Planning Project Officer, or Graduate Planning Officer.