Are you a relationship-based Social Worker who puts children and their families at the forefront of everything you do? Are you committed to providing the highest standard of Social Work practice? Do you want to work in a multi-disciplinary team that believes in working alongside children and their families to bring about positive outcomes? Then West Berkshire Council may have the role you’ve been waiting for.
West Berkshire is excited to be in its fourth year of the Family Safeguarding Model. We have adult substance misuse, domestic abuse and mental health practitioners sitting within the team alongside the Social Workers providing a joined-up approach.
This is why we are looking for an exceptional Assistant Team Manager with strong Social Work values to support the Team Manager in providing operational management of the children’s social work team. This will include oversight of supervisees, cases and financial resources. As well as the assessment of risk you will also be expected, on occasion, to deputise for the team manager.
To be successful in this role, you will be a highly skilled, experienced and motivated social worker. You will have the leadership qualities and influence to support and inspire your supervisees and other team members to meet our ‘best practice’ standards. You must be committed to maintaining effective working practices to meet the changing needs of children and young people. As well as having an excellent knowledge of SW legislation and a strong commitment to safeguarding children.
Some management or Practice Educator experience would be beneficial but it is not essential for the right candidate with the desire and ability to develop.
West Berkshire Council has developed a unique package of benefits to support social workers and managers. This is because we recognise that managing and working in a frontline team is demanding and to be effective, teams need manageable caseloads, good supervision and a real break. This is why we are investing in supervision and sabbaticals for frontline staff. We also have a strong emphasis on relationship-based practice and a restorative practice culture, and aim to work with families in a way which recognises and builds on their strengths.
In addition, you will receive:
- A generous and recurring Sabbatical and Retention Bonus (Eight weeks paid Sabbatical and a retention bonus of £15,000 after your first three years of service and subsequently every three years that you continue your employment with our service)
- A period of Induction
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum rising to a maximum of 33 days (in addition to bank holidays)
- Access to Car Loan Scheme
- Essential Car User Status and free car parking
- A range of flexible working options
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- A range of discounts offered to staff by local shops, café’s and health clubs
- Generous relocation package may be payable (up to £8,000)
It is essential that you hold a current SW England registration and a full driving licence with use of a car.
Please contact Miranda Rigley (Team Manager) on 01365 50 3627 for an informal chat about this role.
Interviews will take place on Friday 6th August 2021.