We are looking to recruit a Social Care Worker into the Assessment and Treatment Service based at Millview Hospital.
This is a fixed-term full time post for 12 months. We would be happy to consider anyone who would like to apply on the basis of a secondment from their substantive job. If you would like to apply on the basis of a secondment please get the agreement from your manager before applying.
For an informal discussion then please contact Almas Channon on Tel: 07738756954
Interview date: to be confirmed
About the role
You will work closely with Mental Health Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health Nurses to complete assessments and reviews under the Care Act 2014 which are focused on:
• Ensuring that support continues to meet the outcomes the individual has identified
• Ensuring carers are identified and supported
• Preventing crisis or breakdown of support
• Ensuring the quality of the support provided
• Ensuring that council resources are invested at an appropriate level to meet assessed, eligible needs
• Identify potential safeguarding concerns
• Preventing, reducing or delaying the development of needs in the future
Under the supervision of registered Social Workers, you will undertake reviews, assessments, professional interventions and other duties relating to individuals, families and carers. Working as part of a team, these duties are informed by legislation, statutory guidance and policy and procedures relating to the social care of adults and their carers. In order to fulfil these duties, you will be required to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to improve outcomes and promote wellbeing, and demonstrate knowledge in the areas of personalisation, mental capacity and social models of support.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An excellent knowledge of local services in the community
• Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work at pace, planning and prioritising their workload with minimal support
We can also offer you a range of benefits including:
• an induction programme
• a manageable caseload
• the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills
• paid time off to undertake job specific training and development
• regular supportive team meetings
• one-to-one supervision meetings
We highly recommend you read the ‘Maximise your Chances’ below before you apply for this job. It is important you are able to show how you meet the Person Specification when applying. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.