2 x Full-time and 1x Part-time Permanent positions. 1x Part-Time Maternity Cover position.
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
Several exciting opportunities have arisen for Family Support Workers within the Children’s Centres team. We are currently recruiting to two full time posts and a part-time post to join our professional, friendly and long-standing team. These positions are offered as permanent opportunities starting as soon as possible. In addition, we have a part-time maternity cover opportunity coming up to start from 11th October 2021.
Children’s Centres across Redbridge are the focal point of contact for children under 5 (under 9 where children have special educational needs and or disability) and their families.
They provide links and access to early education and childcare, family support, health care, benefit advice, training, volunteering and employment advice and support.
We have five groups of Children’s Centres in Redbridge and are looking for a committed and enthusiastic person to join a couple of Children’s Centre teams. As an experienced and enthusiastic practitioner and good communicator you will be committed to working in partnership with children and families and other agencies. You will work as part of a busy team in a Children’s Centre group and out in the community.
Redbridge Children’s Centres are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and families. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The ideal candidate will be competent in aspects of IT, will be highly organised and have the ability to prioritise and manage a busy and varied workload.
We are looking for someone with a qualification in childcare at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant field to the post; and who has the right qualities to carry out the following:
- To contribute to the delivery of the Children’s Centre “Core Purpose” ensuring that the Development Matters outcomes and objectives are achieved in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Sure Start Practice Guidance, Redbridge Council’s key strategies and action plans relevant to Early Years (birth to five).
- To work as part of Redbridge Children’s Centres team to develop and provide high quality services for children and families in their community and to improve outcomes for all children.
- To facilitate groups for families with children under 5 years in line with Development Matters and EYFS.
- To identify needs of children and their families; and carry out targeted family support and outreach work in order to meet the identified needs.
- To offer advice and guidance to service users on parenting and other relevant key topics.
You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of professionals and will receive excellent support, supervision and training.
Redbridge is committed to making safer recruitment decisions and to preventing unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. As such, all posts are subject to a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date for job applications is Monday 26th July 2021
Interviews for these posts will be held on Thursday 5th August 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge