Job Title: Occupational Therapist – Community Recovery Service x 2
Salary: £33,324 - £40,869 Grade: PO1/PO3
Hours per Week: 36 hours per week including w/end working on a rota basis.
Nature of Employment: Permanent
Location: Heart of Hounslow Centre for Health, 92 Bath Road, Hounslow
DBS Required: Enhanced
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
About the Team
The Hounslow Community Recovery Service is an integrated health and social care service supporting people’s independence following an injury, illness or a change in life circumstances. The team provides community rehabilitation and reablement aiming to restore and maximise independence or prevent deterioration in physical, psychological, and social functioning. It brings together different health and social care professionals into a single integrated team.
All health and social care professionals within the Community Recovery Service will have a set of core skills that all staff in the team are able to deliver regardless of profession. This supports the single assessment process, maximises use of resources and minimises duplication. In addition, team members will retain specialist skills and knowledge which will be utilised as required to support specific clinical pathways. Specialists will also support other team members’ work to ensure fulfilment of relevant goals.
You will be working in a supportive team; regular professional supervision, CPD, case discussions, training and appraisals focus on the individual needs of the staff and the residents we serve.
If you want to make the best use of your skills and are passionate about promoting independence and choice this is the job for you.
- Hold responsibility for your own community rehab. caseload working without direct supervision.
- Participate in 7-day working rotas as required which may include cover in emergencies.
- Undertake comprehensive Occupational Therapy assessment of residents including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies.
- To be alert for instances when vulnerable residents may be at risk and to ensure safeguarding vulnerable adult alerts are made as appropriate within required timescales.
- Be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of clinical risk within own patient caseload.
- Be able to provide a high standard occupational therapy service, which involves working autonomously and as part of the multidisciplinary team within the community setting.
- To be able to negotiate with residents, their families/carers to enable their needs to be positively met within available resources.
- Use a range of verbal and nonverbal communication tools to communicate effectively with residents to progress rehabilitation and treatment programmes.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate Royal College of Occupational Therapy guidelines and standards of practice including maintaining accurate and comprehensive records. To have a good working knowledge of national and local standards and to monitor quality of service as appropriate.
Essential for The Role
- Dip COT (state registered) or Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Experience in a rehab setting required.
- Enhanced DBS
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held during week commencing week commencing 16 August 2021.
Closing date: 7 August 2021
Allowances This post is eligible for the Council’s Key Worker Housing Scheme. The scheme finds suitable affordable accommodation within or close to Hounslow and includes a financial contribution towards the initial deposit