Are you looking for a career in Human Resources? Would you like to earn money whilst training and also gaining valuable experience in resourcing? This could be the opportunity for you.
Who will I work for?
You will join a friendly team of staff working in a busy HR Department. Your role will be part of the Efficiency, Resourcing and Recruitment team which forms part of the HR Service Centre. As an Apprentice Resourcing Officer you will specifically support the resourcing function.
What will I do?
Working closely with the Senior Resourcing Officer you will provide oversight and monitoring of the Council’s agency worker contract, as well as providing advice and guidance to managers on resourcing options. You’ll support an number of areas of work including; the consideration of business cases submitted by services for agency workers, monitoring ongoing usage of agency placements, monitoring compliance with the terms of the contract and Council procedures and the production and analysis of management information.
You’ll also work closely with the Council’s agency contract providers and will attend quarterly business review meetings, with the Senior Resourcing Officer, to review operational and financial data and ensure the contract continues to meet the needs of the Council and its users.
In addition, you will support the Senior Resourcing Officer in maintaining and updating the Council’s HR system with structural changes (i.e. changes to post, deletion of posts and creation of new posts).
Whilst working specifically in the resourcing area of the service, the role will work alongside others HR specialisms such as Pay and Pensions, Recruitment, Organisational Development and Employment Relations, where processes overlap.
What training will I receive?
Alongside gaining valuable on the job training, and access to in-house Halton Council learning and development opportunities, you will study for an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Human Resources Support. Training will be provided through BePro Development https://www.beprodevelopment.co.uk/courses
What skills will I gain?
- Experience of working in busy HR department
- An understanding of how organisations in local government operate and the resourcing considerations they face
- An understanding of HR legislation, policy and procedures related to resourcing and associate areas of HR.
- The knowledge to be able to provide solutions, advice and support primarily to managers
- Excellent customer service skills
- A good understanding of HR data, specifically related to the peripheral workforce, resourcing costs and organisation structures.
- Competence is using a number of HR and resourcing related systems
What experience, knowledge and skills do I need?
Please refer to the Person Specification for full details of the requirements for this post. Some of the key experience, skills and knowledge are listed below;
- A keen interest in developing a career in HR
- A basic understanding of HR functions and policy, with an understanding of how organisations are structured
- Able to work in a logical and sequential manner
- Experience of updating databases and electronic systems
- Strong numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of evidence based decision making
Completing your application form
It’s important when you complete your application form that you address each of the points on the person specification individually to show us what you’re capable of. When you are asked to complete your personal statement please take each point and tell us as much as you can to demonstrate how you meet each criteria.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 11th August 2021.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.