Human Resources – Pay, Reward & Benefits Advisor
Salary: SO2: £32,418 - £34,209 (pro rota)
Full Time (36 hours) permanent position
This is a full-time post. However, part time hours (minimum 28) may be considered depending on the individual service needs
This is a great opportunity to showcase and develop your existing HR/People skills and knowledge as part of a friendly and supportive HR team, helping to drive culture change and facilitate service improvements across a large and diverse London Borough Council.
You will help create and maintain a high-achieving organisation culture by leading on the delivering of a Total Reward Strategy and programmes that reward and recognise key employee capabilities, skills, behaviours, experience and performance, and ensure that reward systems are market-relevant, fair and cost-effective.
You will provide technical advice and guidance on total reward packages, including pay, job evaluations and staff benefits. You will work with the Senior HR Policy Officer supporting the development of the council’s reward strategy, benefits and incentives to ensure that the council’s total reward is fit with the organisational context and culture, while being relative to the external market environment.
The role sits within the HR Business Partner Team and works closely with the Recruitment and Resourcing Team and the Organisational & Learning Development Team to provide a comprehensive in-house offer to circa 3500 staff and managers
We are looking for an enthusiastic and forward-looking HR professional with demonstrable experience of pay, benefits and reward. You will be highly numerate with exceptional analytical skills, able to accurately interpret data and work with attention to detail.
In return we can offer you good opportunities for development and career progression, flexible working (including remote working,) 26 days annual leave rising to 31 after 5 years’ service and excellent sick pay and pension scheme.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 on Thursday 22nd July 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Deniz Akin on 0208 148 4898 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Katy Nahum on 0208 132 1038 or Flora Stevens on 020 8132 1030 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.