We are seeking to recruit a full time Area Senco, who will have the responsibility to support the PVI sector and school nurseries to develop of their inclusive practice. Part of the role will be to support settings in the timely identification of SEN, include all children following an assess, plan, do, review cycle, to understand their training needs and improve outcomes for young children with SEND.
The team consists of 2 part-time Area SENCOs and a Teacher Advisor for SEND, and forms part of a wider EYSI team that includes colleagues from the Health sector.
We are looking for someone who is committed to inclusion, is able to communicate effectively at a range of levels and has experience in this or similar roles within Early Years. We expect you to be experienced in Early Years and have a full understanding of the EYFS framework, and the ability to support settings to develop systems to enhance children’s development at various stages of SEND. You will need to have some understanding of the Children and Families Act and the SEND Code of Practice and demonstrate to us your passion for inclusion.
Enfield was a SEND pathfinder and supported other local authorities in establishing their systems. We are looking for somebody who shares our passion and wants to join an ambitious service.
We are looking for an applicant with:
- Experience in Early Years.
- Experience of supporting and encouraging change to a positive outcome.
- Experience in advising colleagues on Inclusion.
- Ability to operate at a range of levels and be able to impart information that can support change.
- Ability to feedback positive suggestions to line manager on service improvement and design.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A proactive and positive approach.
Permanent, Full Time contract (36 hours per week, 52 weeks a year)
We are open to a candidate requiring a term time contract.
£34,884 - £37,722 pa (for a full time, 52 week contract)
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date - Midnight on Sunday 25th July 2021
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification criteria.
• Your CV/Work History form detailing your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.