Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 18 months
Closing date: Sunday 24 October 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Joanna Bowman, Project Assistant on 07710 855944
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint 2 Level 3 Business Administration Apprentices to work as part of the friendly Primary and Early Years teams within East Sussex County Council, supporting schools and settings across the county. The successful applicants will support the teams in a variety of administrative tasks and will gain exposure to a wide variety of aspects of work in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to develop new and enhance existing skills. Your responsibilities will include attending and learning to minute team and external meetings, supporting with planning and running both face-to-face and virtual events, and helping to manage busy email inbox and queries from our schools and settings. The successful candidates will:
• have excellent interpersonal skills;
• be able to effectively organise their own workload;
• be able to check for accuracy and give attention to detail;
• have the ability to communicate effectively and converse at ease with various groups and organisations both within and external to ESCC;
• have competent IT skills across Microsoft packages including Word and Excel;
• be committed and reliable, well-organised and have a positive and productive outlook, whilst being a strong team-player and desire to help and support others;
• have a positive attitude to learning.
The apprenticeship will provide you with practical employment experience, learning on the job, whilst undertaking a nationally recognised qualification. Observation and assessment will take place throughout the term of the apprenticeship to build upon your levels of understanding leading toward your qualification.
For the purposes of enrolment on to the apprenticeship training course, we cannot accept applications from candidates with a qualification equal to or above in a related subject, or with more than 12-24 months of work experience in a similar role
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.