The Falkland Islands Government is far from just an administration. It provides a diversity of services to support our thriving community. From provision of power and fresh drinking water, to building roads or carrying out scientific fisheries research, the Falkland Islands Government fulfils a variety of roles than make it the largest employer in the Islands.
The Internal Auditor is expected to support the Chief Internal Auditor in the delivery of the audit plan for the Government by performing risk based audits across the broad range of services and provide assurance to key stakeholders. There will also be a need to conduct ad hoc reviews and investigations as required.
As the successful candidate you will have the following attributes:
- At least 3-5 years internal audit experience.
- A recognised internal audit or accounting qualification (CertIA, CIA or AAT) or be part–qualified CCAB.
- Good, confident interpersonal skills.
- Sound numeracy and verbal reasoning.
- Ability to manage, plan and deliver own work, ensuring that changing short, medium and long-term demands and deadlines are met.
Experience of working within the public sector would be an advantage, as would knowledge of IT auditing and / or Computer Audit Assisted Techniques.
- Fixed Term Contract up to 4 years.
- Starting Salary - £31,577 to £41,776 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience) with eligibility for a 25% Gratuity (taxable).
- 41 days paid leave, 30 days paid annual leave plus 11 government and public holidays.
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and any recognised dependents residing with you at post both at the beginning and end of contract, along with additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
For further information regarding the position please contact Philip Honeybone, Chief Internal Auditor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (+500) 28409.
To apply click on 'Apply Now' and complete the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to email@example.com before the closing date.
Timetable for Recruitment and Selection Process
Closing Date for Applications - 25 July 2021
Shortlisting week commencing - 26 July 2021
Interviews commencing - 09 August 2021
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.