We are seeking two Support Coordinators to work within the Adult Community Team. One position is taking a lead in therapy to support our duty system and one position taking a lead in carers. There will be opportunities to also support duty, ICS/Hospital and Long Term teams.
The multi-agency team supports people to remain as independent as possible within their home environment and avoiding unnecessary hospital admission. We already have a great workforce and you can be part of this expanding team. We offer supervision, training and development opportunities and team support, which are central to our improvement culture.
Bracknell Forest Council is a small Unitary Authority in the heart of Berkshire. It values working together as one council with partners and the local community. The local authority offices are in the hub of the re-developed town centre and train and bus stations. The council’s benefits include the payment of a professional subscription, flexi-time, buying and selling of annual leave.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
We already have a great workforce and you can be part of this expanding team. We offer supervision, training and development opportunities and team support, which are central to our improvement culture.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To work for both the long and short term teams, and within our duty system. Where it is needed, to visit people in their home environment and carry out assessments or signpost to where support can be provided.
- To make phone calls to the public and professionals – recording information, transferring to the correct person or team. Signposting, offering advice and information.
- To apply a strength-based approach, using the conversations model to connect people to their community/social network and problem solve together.
- Work with people, including advocates and carers, to develop person-centred plans, designed to meet in ways that maximises independence, choice and control, and are legal and affordable.
- Ensure that throughout this work, all policies and procedures of the department are adhered to.
- Ensure good and regular communication with management regarding individuals being supported and escalate concerns in a timely manner.
- Participate in all mandatory training and other training as identified through supervision and appraisal.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
An enthusiastic, respectful, and reliable person who is adaptable to a fast-paced working environment. Experience of working in care, regular access to a car and will enjoy working as part of a large team who contribute to improving the lives of residents in Bracknell.
Interviews will be held w/c 9th August 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
Name: Mel Fleming
Job Title: Assistant Community Services Manager (Social Care)
Phone Number: 01344 351485
Name: Gavin Austin
Job Title: Assistant Community Services Manager (Therapy)
Phone Number: 01344 351481
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.