Information Governance Officer
Full time 37 hours
RG5 – scp 22-25
£27,041 - £29,577
About the role
You will support the Council’s position in respect of its duties and responsibilities under GDPR, and other related legislation and codes of practice relating to information governance, personal data and retention of records.
- You will support the wider service to develop awareness of information governance, encouraging good practice.
- Provide first line support to officers and external agencies in relation to governance queries.
- Monitor, review and preparing notices under GDPR and Data Protection.
- Work to tight and statutory deadlines and according to the needs of the Council.
A sound knowledge of information governance within a regulated environment and proven background advising a large organisation, either private or public sector.
The following experience is required for this role:
- Sound IT skills and evidence of good Excel, CRM or EDMS systems skills
- Some knowledge of information governance legislation, particularly its impact on public sector organisations.
- Good administration skills with a keen customer focus, attention to quality and detail.
- Able to display good written and verbal communication skills, writing advice notes and drafting policies.
- Providing advice on complex issues to internal customers to resolve issues without disruption to service.
- Able to share good practice and learn from others.
- Attention to detail and the ability to process information quickly.
- Happy to work as part of a small team.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.email@example.com
We don't need you to reapply if you have applied recently
Closing Date: 4th August
Interview Date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.