Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
We are the second largest borough in London, located 14 miles from central London, operating two well maintained and popular public golf courses. There is plenty of things to do and places to see for residents, visitors and people who work in the borough.
About the role
We are looking for a seasonal customer service assistant to work in the golf shops at Haste Hill and Uxbridge Golf Courses, which are situated within these beautiful courses in Middlesex.
The seasonal post will assist full time members of staff with the running of the shop; customer service, and administration of the courses when the business dictates. They will also be required to cover staff's annual leave, days off and absence.
You will also be responsible for administering tee time bookings and collecting green fees. To liaise with customers to promote the sale of golf equipment, accessories and the hire of buggies and trolleys.
You will ideally have a passion for golf and a sound knowledge of the game, equipment required and etiquette within the game.
You will need to be flexible with the hours that you work and must have a willingness to work weekends, bank holidays and evenings as these will be mandatory.
You will have a good level of experience of working as a front-line customer service assistant in a busy retail environment.
A valid driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel between the golf courses.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses