Job Title: Consultant Social Worker- Family Safeguarding, Assessment, Children Looked After
Location: Hertfordshire- Hertford, Stevenage, Hemel Hempstead
Salary Range:From £45,876 up to £48,857 per annum (including Market forces depending on Market Forces payments )
Hours: 37 per week
As an innovation authority, we are committed to developing motivational social work practice and you will be trained to work in this way. You will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families which will expose you to managing complex and diverse caseloads.
By changing our approach to families, they are changing their approach to us and we are managing to keep far more children at home safely with their families.
With dedicated Diversity & Inclusion strategy and focus groups, we promote diversity and inclusion across the delivery of services and within our workforce.
We will offer a stimulating working environment, regular supervision meetings and training opportunities to help you to reach your full potential with the assistance and guidance of our specialist L&D teams.
The pandemic has brought about changes in the way we work and having learnt from this and from feedback from our staff and communities, we are embedding important principles around ‘Our Way Forward’. The overarching vision for Children’s Services is that we work in a ‘flexible and balanced’ way with a focus on ‘continuous improvement’; this is underpinned by a ‘mix and blend’ approach by adopting hybrid ways of working, balancing the need for collaborative workspaces with the right technology for staff to work from home and touchdown areas where this is right for you and for our families.
- A role model for good social work practice and use your experience to develop less experienced staff.
- Passion for achieving better outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and this will be demonstrated through applying theory and research to frontline practice.
- This role will include holding a small caseload of complex work and supports development into a management role in the future. This will include conducting supervision meetings and supporting other members of the team and providing management cover in the Team Manager’s absence
- A comprehensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families is essential
- You should already have sufficient experience of staff supervision and management and be at the height of your social work career.
- The role will require you to support social workers, by assisting in court work which will include attending court, therefore a thorough knowledge of care proceedings and court experience is required
- Applicants for the role will need a professional Social Work qualification and Social Work England Registration.
As part of this role you will be required to travel to visit service users out in the community, either in their homes or at other venues in order to undertake assessments. You will also be required to attend meetings at other sites other than your own work base. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the county is required for this role a DVLA check will be required on appointment.
About our Teams:
Our Assessment Teams undertake single child and family assessments for those circumstances where our Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub has identified the need for a social work assessment. With a strong partnership approach, a dedicated Out of Hours service, strength-based assessments, robust pathways for Early Help and strong performance, the service embeds strong working relationships with families from the start of their journey.
Family Safeguarding –
Our Family Safeguarding Teams are a pioneering model of social work which consist of multi-agency teams that work with Child Protection and Child in Need cases and conduct the majority of our care proceedings. These multi-disciplinary teams consist of professionals in children’s and adult social work, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, substance misuse and mental health who work together to tackle the root causes of risk in families. Our clinical psychology service will support PLO and proceedings work with specialist assessments. With a strong focus on our model of practice – motivational interviewing, the service continues to see high levels of success in helping families tackling the toxic issues and keeping more children safely with their families.
Children Looked After
These teams are responsible for providing high quality support and planning for children and young people who are in long term foster care, residential care and semi-independent care up until the age of 18. You will be supported by a dedicated Health team and Virtual School as well as a Brokerage Team that will find the most suitable placement. Voice of children is a strong focus and supported by our dedicated Children in Care Council and young people’s focus groups.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
- Competitive starting salary up to £48,683pa depending on experience (including up to £5k market forces & £1k welcome payment)
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time with accessibility to equipment to work from home, for this role
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out – please visit www.hertsrewards.co.uk for more detail.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.