PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £28,672 to £31,346
A reorganisation is bringing together the Housing and Building Services at Mid Devon Council to create a single entity designed to deliver a sustainable, combined landlord service.
The new service will help the Council to meet the challenges arising from the recent Social Housing White Paper. This provides a charter for all social housing tenants including those of housing associations, as well as Councils such as MDDC, which have retained housing stock.
As a result of the restructure, some new roles have been created Building Surveyor (Redevelopment) being one of them, the main role of this position will be to Liaise closely with the Planned Maintenance manager and other technical staff in the procurement and delivery of planned maintenance work. To undertake pre-contract and contract duties for planned maintenance and refurbishment programs, Carry out conditions surveys, identify works and prepare reports on a variety of building related matters including EPC Surveys.
For more information please see the job description.
The hours of work will be 37 per week with a degree of flexibility and on occasions there may be a requirement to work on Saturdays.
Applicants must have a full driving licence as well as being customer and quality focused.
Mid Devon District Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- CSSC offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, hotels and insurance benefits
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Staff discounts in our leisure centres
- Employee Assistance Programme and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Mike Lowman on 01884 233038.