Closing date: 15/06/2021
A Medway Council Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to earn a salary and gain a qualification whilst gathering invaluable workplace skills and experience.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic Apprentice Administrator to join the Wayfield Children and Family Hub team within Family Solutions. This is a great chance to gain the Business Administrator Advanced Apprenticeship whilst working for Medway Children’s Services.
As part of this role you can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- To provide administrative support to Family Solutions to ensure the smooth and efficient running of The Wayfield Children and Family Hub and provide a welcoming and encouraging service to children, parents/carers and a range of professionals.
- To be the first point of contact for local families and professional contacting/visiting the Hub
- To collect and maintain personal records for individual families and store records in accordance to data protection and GDPR and pay due regard to confidentiality.
- To log attendance, using database systems and produce reports.
- To undertake publicity and marketing activity to promote services, maintain displays and promotional materials.
- To deal with any correspondences between the Hub professionals and families etc. in liaison with the Hub Manager.
- To maintain Hub social media page
- To monitor and order Hub supplies and pay utility bill via Integra.
- Attend appropriate training as directed by Hun Manager for professional development.
The Business Administrator Apprenticeship is a two year programme incorporating real work experience and learning, to gain the knowledge and development of skills and behaviours to successfully complete the programme. This apprenticeship involves approximately 18 months on the job development, followed by an end point assessment consisting of a knowledge test, a presentation on the project completed; and a discussion on the portfolio of learning and development produced during the apprenticeship. A grading of either Pass or Distinction is achievable.
Ideally you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with competent IT skills, accurate data entry along with a good attention to detail. However, we are happy to support you to reach those goals if you are highly motivated and have the desire to learn and succeed.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would encourage you to apply today.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
As an Apprentice with Medway Council, you will be a valued member of our Apprenticeship Academy. We will encourage and support you to realise your potential. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field and gain insights that can only come from real world experience
We will support you every step of the way for you to succeed in your apprenticeship and help you to become the best version of yourself.
An openness to review and reflect on your performance and progress is important as well as the willingness to accept feedback that will help you to develop and grow in this role
Medway Council’s Apprenticeship Academy extends to all our Apprentices a guarantee that their apprenticeship qualifications will be regularly monitored and quality assured with the respective training providers.
In return we offer you:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Generous local government pension
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra Card- student discounts at 100’s of retailers
- Student rates for Medway Council Leisure Centres
- Student rates for Medway Council Libraries plus free e-books
- Discounted Arriva bus travel
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regards to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager, call Michelle Williams on 01634 335633.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.