1:1 Teaching Assistant Level 2
Norwood Primary School
Role 1-1:1 Teaching Assistant
Term Time Part Time: Fix. Term, Sefton Council, Southport, Merseyside, Salary: £19,562 - £19,948 pro-rata, Scale: Band D 5 - 6, Internal reference number: TA2021A
Norwood Primary School, Norwood Crescent, Southport PR9 7DU Merseyside.
The Governors of Norwood Primary School seek to make the appointment of a Teaching Assistant to work with a SEN pupil on a 1-1 basis, 30 hours per week, 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
This is a fixed term post initially from 1st Sep 2021 to 20th July 2022 and is dependent on SEN funding for the designated child.
Do you have an interest/experience working with SEN pupils?
- Do you have experience of the EYFS and KS1 curriculum?
- Do you have a high level of patience?
• Are you able to work as a team alongside the class teacher and other teaching assistants involved in the children’s teaching and learning?
• Are you enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated?
• Do you have good Numeracy and Literacy skills?
• Are you a team player as well as being able to lead and motivate others?
• Do you possess excellent organisational skills?
• Are you committed to the safeguarding of children?
• Are you willing to contribute fully to the life of the school?
• Experience of working with children in a school setting?
These are excellent opportunities to join a strong team of teachers and support staff, who are working closely together to provide the best education for pupils at Norwood Primary School.
This post is subject to Local Government Pension Scheme.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Application forms and further details available on the links below. Completed application forms to be returned by hand or by post to: The Head Teacher, Norwood Primary School, Norwood Crescent, Southport PR9 7DU. Please do not send applications by email.
Closing date: Friday 18th June at 3:00pm
Interviews will take place: week commencing 21st June 2021